This might be about 12 hours too late, but I just thought I'd put together a little review of 2013. Enjoy!
1. We said goodbye to several Star Wars: The Clone Wars characters, including Clone Commando Gregor, Pre Vizsla, Duchess Satine Kryze, and Savage Opress. Here are brief obituaries for them all:
Name: Clone Commando Gregor
Episode of Death: "Missing In Action"
Affiliation: Galactic Republic, Abafar Diner
Known Companions: Borkus, Colonel Meeber Gascon
Description: Gregor was an elite clone commando who, after being defeated at the battle of Sarrish, gained amnesia and was put to work in Borkus' diner on Abafar. Though he didn't live long after regaining his memory, his sacrifice indirectly saved thousands of Republic soldiers, officers, and Jedi. While he fought off the droid forces, D-Squad was able to board a Republic cruiser and then stop it from crashing into the Republic Strategy Conference.
Name: Pre Vizsla
Episode of Death: "Shades of Reason"
Affiliation: Death Watch, Mandalorian Government
Known Companions: Bo-Katan, Darth Maul, Satine Kryze
Description: Pre Vizsla was determined to return Mandalore to its past warrior ways, and though he nearly succeeded, it was the warrior ways that led to his downfall. When Darth Maul challenged him to a duel to decide who would control Pre Vizsla's men, he had no choice but to accept. Though the battle was hard-fought, he was eventually decapitated with his own Darksaber. It could be shown that his most loyal companion was Bo-Katan, because she was visibly upset about Vizsla's death and refused to join Maul, calling those who did "traitors".
Name: Duchess Satine Kryze
Episode of Death: "The Lawless"
Affiliation: Mandalore, Council of Neutral Systems
Known Companions: Obi-Wan Kenobi, Prime Minister Almec, Korkie
Description: Ironically enough, Satine Kryze and Pre Vizsla were not that different people. They both had strong beliefs (she believed strongly in peace and neutrality, he believed in violence and honor), and their beliefs led to their downfall. Because of her neutrality, the Republic could not send forces to Mandalore to save her from Darth Maul and the Death Watch. When Obi-Wan rescued her on his own, they were captured again, and Darth Maul killed her in front of Obi-Wan to purposefully cause anguish to him. In her dying breath, she revealed that she had always loved him, and always will.
Name: Savage Opress
Episode of Death: "The Lawless"
Affiliation: Count Dooku, Nightsisters of Dathomir, Nightbrothers of Dathomir, Shadow Collective, Death Watch
Known Companions: Darth Maul, Asajj Ventress, Count Dooku, Pre Vizsla
Description: Savage Opress was originally a Nightbrother of Dathomir, but he was physically enhanced by the Nighsisters to assassinate Count Dooku. Though he was powerful, he was too reckless and rage-filled, and failed in his mission. After finding his brother, Darth Maul, he and Maul eventually took control of Death Watch and all of Mandalore. When Darth SIdious arrived, he dueled Savage and Maul at the same time in one of the greatest duels in The Clone Wars history. After he eventually murdered Savage, the Nighsister magic left him and he reverted back to his original form, and Maul revealed that he truly loved his brother, despite his cruelty.
2. We saw Barriss Offee's shocking confession of her overall belief that the Jedi Order is corrupt, and her admission to bombing the Jedi Temple and framing Ahsoka Tano for it. This was emotional because Barriss Offee was always the well-trained and model Padawan learner, but we saw her fall down to an almost Sith-like level of cruelty and hatred. Because of her actions, we also witnessed Ahsoka Tano officially leaving the Jedi Order.
3. We said goodbye to Star Wars: The Clone Wars itself, but were relieved to hear that some of Season 6 will be released sometime soon.
4. We saw the announcement of Star Wars: Rebels, a new TV show taking place between episodes III and IV that will be shown on Disney XD. Speaking of Disney...
5. ...Disney officially purchased Lucasfilm for $4 billion. And, immediately after the purchase...
6. ...Disney announced a third Star Wars trilogy! This was technically in late October of 2012, but since we've been hearing news about it all year, I thought it was worth mentioning. J.J. Abrams was later slated to direct (and co-write) the movies, and the release date of Episode VII was revealed to be on December 18th, 2015.